Thursday, July 24, 2008

Our Date with Maddison

" Okay.....let's go!"



" This is it...the backpack I've ALWAYS wanted!"


Maddison and Grandma


Maddison and Papa


Maddison modeling one of her new outfits.


Wow, this one is adorable!



Having fun at the Disney Store....hey they don't have school clothes!


Maddison as Captain Jack Sparrow


Waiting for dinner


"I love my Papa!"

Going to get the long awaited dessert.



Zestos!.......YUM YUM!!


"This is really good, Grandma!"


Maddison showing us how she can really tie her shoes now!


Brent and I took Maddison school clothes shopping tonight after work. She's been looking forward to our date for over a week. It was planned that just Maddison would go. Sara has been prepping Mackenzee for over a week. This is only the second time the girls have been separated. The first was when Maddison had orientation at school and Mackenzee stayed with us for a few hours. That was horrible for Maddison, she cried and cried and didn't want to go to orientations. Not so much because she was being separated from Mackenzee, but because Mackenzee got to come to our house and she didn't.

I went to pick her up and she asked me if her daddy had told me what she needs. I told her I thought she needed a new pair of tennis shoes, a backpack and an outfit. I'll tell you what, she didn't forget that list of things either.

I was strapping Maddison into the car seat and Sara came out to tell me that Mackenzee was inside saying how she already missed her Maddi!

Maddison and I went to the house to wait for Brent who was still at work. He was very late, so she and I decided to head out to the new dollar store (her idea). She got out of the car and there was a cart out in the parking lot she asked me if she could push. She said she could do it all by herself and was so surprised that she could actually see over it (I didn't tell her, but the Dollar Tree carts are smaller than a normal grocery cart!). She exclaimed that she could see because she's a big girl now. She pushed that cart up and down the isles. I let her pick a few things and she put them in the bottom of the cart herself. She also took them out and put them on the counter by herself. She was so doggone proud.

By the time we got back to the house, Brent was already waiting for us and he gave Maddison a choice of which car to take. She chose his, so he told her to stay in her car seat and he'd take the whole thing out. He was carrying her and asked if she was okay. She said, "Yeah, I'm just hanging out!" She talked and talked and talked the entire night. I don't think I've heard her talk that much since Mackenzee started talking! When we were getting out at the mall she said, "This is so awesome!" I couldn't believe how extremely excited she was about going shopping alone with us.


She already knew exactly which backpack she wanted and she showed us exactly where in Penny's to find it. She picked out a pair of jeans and a few shirts. She tried everything on and put on a fashion show for her Papa. He tried coming back into the dressing room and she screamed! She kicked him out and said "I'm naked!" She wasn't, but she didn't have her shirt on. Gees oh peets....!! But it's sure okay for her to run around the house here with no clothes on!





After we got the back pack and clothes, she took inventory and said all she needed now were the tennis shoes. We found some really cute ones at the Kid's Footlocker. I realized that the shoes we picked were tie shoes, not velcro or slip ons. I mentioned to Brent that it might be a problem in school because she can't tie. She heard me and said that she can tie, that she learned yesterday. I kind of blew that off because nothing was said to me that she could tie her shoes. After that, she was done. She didn't ask for anything else. But she was hungry so we went to Cebolla's. She ate and asked for ice cream, so we headed back toward's her house and stopped to get her an ice cream cone at Zestos. Actually, she and Brent had one and we got some in a cup to take home to Mackenzee.





She was glad to get home (that usually doesn't happen, either) and show everyone her clothes. And I absolutely couldn't believe it when she put on her shoes....she really can tie....and she really did learn yesterday. Mitchell said he had to show her only twice. Good job, Maddison! Mackenzee almost has it down pat too.




Mackenzee was so good about all of it. She was happy with her ice creaml. She said she knows she'll get to go with us before she starts school too (I don't think she realizes a year is a very long time).

These girls are growing up WAY too fast!







Anyway, we really had fun. Tomorrow night we're having a sleepover with both of them. How fun!

No comments :