Sunday, July 6, 2008

Maddison and Mackenzee get their ears pierced!

Before .....




Just after..... (the tears have been dried already)


She got a sticker proving it....the actual earrings weren't enough!


Maddison (Miss Drama) decides she wants some too.


"Yes, I'm ready!"


"Wow, Mackenzee cried...I won't!"




"See, Mom....I DID it!


"C'mon, Dad, you can stay here with me!"


"Yep...I got a sticker and certificate too!"


"I love them! So worth the pain...aren't they beautiful?!"

Mackenzee has been asking her parents for weeks to get her ears pierced. They would tell her maybe soon, and explain to her that it does hurt and it does take special care after you get them. She didn't care, she said she just HAD to have them. Finally, Saturday, they took to to Libby Lou at the mall. Maddison said she just wasn't ready yet, so they were going just to have Mackenzee's done. About halfway through picking out Mackenzee's, Maddison told her mom that she thinks she's ready now! It kind of surprised Sara and Mitchell, but they went ahead and picked out earrings for both of them. Mackenzee went first.


I have the most precious videos of the both of them actually having it done, complete with the tears at the end, but for some reason, I keep getting an error when I try to upload them. I'll keep trying. They really are so cute.

It brings back the memories of getting Sara's done. I thought all along, when I was pregnant and didn't know if it was a boy or girl, that if it's a girl, I was going to have her ears pierced immediately. Well, until I saw her precious, tiny, perfect ears. I just couldn't do it. Because Sara had no hair for a very long time, I was always being asked when I was going to have her ears pierced. I, personally, thought her big blue eyes were enough to identify her as a girl. Anyway, I said when she actually asks me for pierced ears, I'd take her. Little did I know that she'd begin speaking in full sentences at 1 year! It took a little longer, she was 2 1/2 before she asked and she did cry...loud...for a few minutes. Well, Ricky was born and I never thought I'd have to worry about that again! Lo and behold, at age 5, he asked me to get one ear pierced. Way beyond my better judgement, but I was sort of out voted on that one. He got one ear pierced and he cried too, but didn't want anyone to see, so he hid his face in my shirt! Well, he was so weird about it and wouldn't let me clean it or turn it, so one night while he was sleeping, I took it out for good (I tought!). Then he had it done again, and didn't stop there. I think he ended up with two holes in each ear, and anyone who knows him knows that he had those HUGE bling things in his ears. Thank goodness for the Army....they talked him into taking them out!! I like it better without.

I don't know how old Laurel was when she got hers, I think a tiny baby. Now she's got a bunch of holes in her head too!

Well, hopefully, what Maddison and Mackenzee have now will suffice for a long time. They sure are proud of them, and they already know that they get to go get new ones and change them just before Maddison starts school.

No comments :