Thursday, August 21, 2008

Happy Birthday, Brent!

Brent's Birthday was yesterday. He had to work until after 6pm. Actually, he had to go with a client to a golf outing and didn't get home until after 6pm. I had a dinner ready and waiting, then we were off to the Billy Idol/Def Leppard concert. Sara won the tickets for us on the radio.
Thank you so much, Sara! We had a wonderful evening. It was so loud and we sat up on the second level right next to the stage. Honestly, before I went, I had no clue what songs Def Leppard sing. I did know a lot of the songs, but I never knew who the band was. It was kind of funny....all of them.... Billy Idol and all the members of Def Leppard are OLD! Like me! But I think they all look a little older than I do (up close, anyway). And most of the people there at the concert were middle agers acting like they were back in high school!

Below are pictures of Brent lighting his own cake, talking to Ricky on the phone. I tried to get Ricky to sing "Happy Birthday" to him before he blew out the candles, but Brent said he wouldn't ask him to do that because that's not "cool" with all his Army buds around. I, personally, didn't think that was too much to ask!



No comments :