Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First day of COLLEGE!

Monday was Laurel's first day of college. I had it all planned. I was going to take off from work real quick and run up to IPFW to take a picture of Laurel on her first day (without telling her!)

Sara and Mitchell had the same plans. I ran out of work at 9:20 (her first class was at 10:00) thinking I had plenty of time. Sara called me and said she was on her way. It was then that I realized I had left my camera at home (I ALWAYS have it in my purse, but I was charging one of the batteries).

Oh my gosh.....I never even thought that it was the first day for 3,000 other students. What a mad house! I was trying to find a place to park when the traffic cop forced me to go into the parking garage. For some reason, he wouldn't let me go straight. In them meantime, Mitchell found the building right away and dropped Sara off so she could run up and find the room and catch Laurel going into class.

While I was stuck in the parking garage, I called Laurel. She was freaking out. She couldn't find a place to park and she was afraid she was going to be late. Then she realized that I was actually on campus and was actually going to take a picture of her!

I never did see her, but I finally got out of that garage and found Mitchell and Sara. We found her room and Sara took these pictures. Laurel is the second blurry head back...behind the girl in the pink.

Sara was so bummed. She really wanted to get a picture of Laurel standing outside her room.

Laurel later told her dad that she really likes it. Now she knows what to expect and where she's going (for this class, anyway!).


So, here they are! Laurel's first day of college pictures!





No comments :