Sunday, September 28, 2008

Busy couple of weeks.....

Time just seems to fly anymore. I can't believe it's almost October. Our bowling league has started up again - every two weeks. Saturday was already our second week. My average is dropping again...oh well, we still have fun.

The week before last, I had an all day meeting for work in Kalamazoo. My mom went with me and I dropped her off at her friend's house in Vicksburg. She, Marge and Bill were out all day, shopping (well, I know my mom and Marge shopped...from what I hear, Bill waited in the car!) They were still out and about when my meeting got over so I went to my favorite place in Kalamazoo....Milham Park. So many memories of that place...going waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back to when I was very little. It was a gorgeous day so I captured a few pictures. It was so peaceful there that day.

I had a surprise set up for my mom. When I picked her up, we went down the road in Vicksburg and met Karen and her friend, Rob for dinner. It was definitely a looooooong ride back!

This past Thursday, I finally made it out to see Maddison and Mackenzee play soccer. How cute they all are. Their coach is a saint! He is very patient with them and kind of goes with the flow. When you are working with that many four and five year olds, you pretty much have to!


First night of bowling.....my average is 111



Milham Park


I love how the trees are mirrored in the water.


It was such a gorgeous, peaceful day at the park.


Not much has changed here since I was little.


This stone bridge has got to be amost 70 years old.



Over the years, I've taken numerous pictures of these two old beauties. They are so tall, I couldn't get a picture of the tops and the trunks at the same time.


These are from Bill's pepper plants. When we visited in the spring, he had just picked up some little wilted pepper plants and stuck them in a pot. It was said that they'd never grow. Well, he had many, many peppers...a couple of different kinds. He was pretty proud of them and he sent a few home for Brent. I so want to have a garden next year.



Karen and Rob

Maddison, Teirnan, Coach, and Mackenzee


I can no longer hold both girls at the same time in the front, so we came up with this ingenious idea! They are just growing up way to fast.

I'm so glad I CAN still carry them sometimes. In the next couple of years, they'll be big enough to carry ME!



Still my baby girl!


No comments :