Thursday, September 11, 2008

Heart Rocked!



Sara and Mitchell each won tickets to see Cheap Trick, Heart, and Journey and gave them to Brent and I. We took friends, Kathy Foltz and Brea Seger. The ride down wasn't as long as I thought it was going to be. We stopped in Anderson and ate at Arby's since we all left work a little early and took off immediately.


The line from the highway going in was unbelievable. I thought we would be sitting there through the whole concert. In the end, it didn't really take that long. Then the line to get IN was really long, that did take a while. I took a bag with blankets and jackets, and the guy had to go through it. That's what was taking so long.


Cheap Trick had already started by the time we found a place on the lawn. I never could have told you what they sing, but I did know some of their songs....I guess I just never new it was Cheap Trick.


Then.....Heart came on. I could have listened to them all evening. Ann Wilson still has a fantastic voice. I knew all their songs....I sang all their songs right along with them (probably to the embarrasment of those around me!). They came back and did a couple of encore songs.


I have no clue, even now, who Journey is. I did know one song, but I hear the young guy singing isn't even the original singer....Steven Perry?? I laid on the bag of blankets for while, but Brent was getting tired too and he had the long drive back to Fort Wayne so we left.


The whole thing was way worth it just to see Heart!!
Thank you, Sara and Mitchell....again! Keep on winning those tickets!!!





Waiting in line!

Stopped by security to check our blanket bag.

We found a little spot in a perfect spot. Once we put Kathy's little blanket down, we sort of squeezed in then spread out!

Gees!


Here we are, Brent!


Kathy's daughter, Amanda was there also. She drove down with her friends.


The end!


No comments :