Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter ~ Signs of Spring

Happy Easter! The sun is shining this morning and it's beautiful. My backyard critters are out in force this morning. I'm making Easter dinner...on a much smaller scale this year, though. My mom, Mark, Sara, Mitchell, Maddison and Mackenzee will be here this afternoon.
Missing are, of course, my Dad who LOVED ham. He's having dinner with the angels today.
Ricky....he and his wife are having their own ham dinner in New York in their new apartment (which I have yet to see any pictures of). Laurel....she's in California....not sure what she's having for dinner today.

I made some yummy sugar cookies from a pound cake mix and glazed them in bright, springy colors.
I made some pink and purple meringue....it's surprisingly easy and Brent loves it.


And, HEY........this is NOT a hummingbird! This guy was really digging the sugar water in my hummingbird feeder. I just put them out in case we get some early arrivals. Now they'll have to fight the squirrels for their dinner!






And a SURE sign of spring.....Mr. Robin Redbreast! There were a BUNCH of them all over the yard finding worms!



No comments :