Saturday, March 21, 2009

Miss Mackenzee!!!!!!!

So, Friday morning around 11:00 a.m., I was at work deeply immersed in what I was doing. My cell phone rang and I could tell it was Sara by the ring. I answer and it wasn't Sara...it was Mackenzee! "Grandma!!?? Hey, Grandma??? MAY YOU PLEASE TAKE ME TO THE GROCERY STORE??? I really need to go, Grandma. PLEASE? PLEASE?

I wanted to make sure I understood her. It sounded urgent, important and full of drama (just like her mama!) I asked her if she needed a ride to the grocery store and she told me yes she did. I asked her what she needed to get and she asked me again to take her to the store. I asked HER again, "What do you need to get?" She said I don't know because I can't read this piece of paper. "Oh", I said, "you have a list?" "Yeah, Grandma, I have a list." I told her I'd be there at 12:30 and she said "Okay, I'll bring my list."

She was waiting at the front window when I pulled up.


And here is her list!! How cute is that. It's cutouts from the Meijer ad!!

Maddison is taking her lunch next week and she requested anything but peanut butter. Kenzee was quite worried about what she was going to take and needed me to take her to get some things for Maddi's lunch.
We got some good things like donut holes, lunchables, brownies.....all yummy stuff (yogurt too), but as we were checking out, Mackenzee was looking over her list and realized we forgot PRETZELS. Oh my gosh. I had to get back to work, so I told her she'd have to explain to Maddison that we forgot and I'd get her some for next week.
When I left, Mackenzee hugged me tight and thanked me for spending time with her.
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! She is so sweet!


No comments :