Saturday, March 21, 2009

Grandparents Rollerskate!!

Gees...I had one more picture to add and it goes to the top. This is Maddison playing one of the games at the rollerink.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Brent heard Sara talk about taking the girls skating this morning, so we got up early to go to the 10-12 session. The girls were surprised...especially at me. The asked me "Are you really going to rollerskate, Grandma?" !!!


Well......This blurry, but distinct picture was really the last time I've been rollerskating until today! I've tried rollerblading since then (not successfully, though!). This was on Sara's eighth birthday. Ricky was a teeny little guy. Yup....a really long, long time ago. I expected to get out there today and fall down immediately.













Sara was more amazed than anyone that I could still skate. I started out very slow and worked my way up. I was breezing right along!





Mackenzee was having a ball!







Maddison really was flying. She's getting good at it.





Me, Mackenzee and a friend.






Maddison hanging on to her Papa's pockets and skating behind him.












Here we are doing the Hokey Pokey!




I only fell once the whole time. I was really feeling good, was able to fly and was showing off. I skated past Sara and Brent when my wheel stuck and I flounderd for a few seconds and was determined not to fall backwards (I didn't want to be like the actress who was skiing and died from hitting her head). I fell forward and skinned my knee pretty good.
Oh well.....it was a BLAST!!

No comments :