Sunday, March 29, 2009

"Don't it make your eyes BLUE?"

Okay, so I learned something very interesting yesterday while Maddison and Mackenzee were with me. We were in the car and I heard the two discussing the color of Mackenzee's eyes. And I heard one of them say, they're blue now because Grandma got soap in them. I asked them what they were talking about and Mackenzee proceeded to tell me that "a long, long time ago" I got soap in her eyes and it turned them blue. I asked her what color they were before that and she told me they were PEACH.


First of all, I don't remember ever getting soap in her eyes. Secondly, I just didn't get where they thought that could change eye color. Mackenzee said she thought maybe because the soap was BLUE!

Man, if only I had had my video on at that moment. I did get my camera out and hit record, but because I was driving, I had no idea if I was capturing the girls or not. I did get them to discuss this on video, and most of it only shows Mackenzee or her forehead.

But here's how it went:

WOW! She was talking about the circles UNDER her eyes!! How funny is that? And to top it off, they BOTH truly believe that I am responsible for them!

Absolutely hilarious! They are so literal. In talking with their Aunt Ashley and Uncle Ricky a little while later, they mentioned that they'd like to go with them to New York. Ashley played along. Maddison and Mackenzee left the room for a while and we all continued with our conversations. Next thing you know, the girls come in, arms loaded with their worldly belongings, coats and shoes on and told Ashley they were ready. The serious look on their faces was priceless! They really, truly were ready to move to New York. Ashley asked them "What about your Mom? Do you really want to leave your Mom, or Dad or your dog, Mason?" They both nodded their heads. "Well, what about Grandma and Papa?" THEY NODDED THEIR HEADS!

Wow! There was no talking them out of this one! Finally after a few tears, they agreed to stay here for now if they get to go visit Uncle Ricky and Aunt Ashley in New York sometime.

Whew!

No comments :