Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Time to go, Ricky. We love you!






We took Ricky to the recruiter's office today at noon. Jake and Josh came to say goodbye, as did Grandma Kingsbury and Uncle Mark, Sara, Maddison and Mackenzee. Ashley went with us to say goodbye. It was sad, scary, and exciting all at once. He's staying the night in Indianapolis tonight and will actually fly out tomorrow to the processing center in Fort Jackson, SC. It's my understanding that he'll be processing until May 2 when he actually starts boot camp. The recruiter said they don't know when graduation will be, Ricky will have to let us know when he finds out. He's supposed to be able to call us for about 20 seconds when he actually reaches the processing center to let us know he made it. Then I'm not sure when we'll hear from him next. It's not a really happy place here tonight. Brent, Laurel and I are all missing him. His bedroom door remains shut and I know there are two piles of laundry he said he left for me in there! I don't want to go in there right now. I can't believe he actually is gone for a long time and I won't see him until graduation sometime in July.

1 comment :

The Claycomb Family said...

Praying for you...I remember when Glenn left for Boot Camp...it is such a horrible lonely feeling...but the benefits will be all worth it!! :0)

When you find out when graduation is...let us know...I don't think we are too far from there!

Love you all, Jodi