Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Finally, signs of Spring.




I really didn't even feel like getting up this morning. I went to do a load of laundry and found a load of Ricky's in the dryer. I can't wait to hear today when he lands in SC and hope I'm not on a conference call or with a customer so I can answer my phone. I was feeling pretty low and walked outside. It's not light yet, and lo and behold, things have really sprouted over night (or did I just not notice yesterday?) Some of the pics are a little dark, but the sights are beautiful. The same little critter that has been in the back (used to be Jodi's - now my mom's) yard is here again. He's been called all sorts of things, but I'm pretty sure he's a groundhog. And the bluebird on my mom's feeder is the same one making a nest in my bluebird box this year. My weeping cherry is showing some pretty pink and the Bradford Pear all of a sudden is bursting with white flowers. And finally, the tulips are going to bloom! No matter how low you feel, there's always something beautiful out there, you just have to look for it.

2 comments :

The Claycomb Family said...

Awhh...I miss our "yard talks" when everything starts blooming!!
:(

I don't know that I will ever find such great neighbors again!! :)

Tony, Erika, Sierra & Braden said...

I would say that is a groundhog. We have one that likes our yard. Our weeping cherries have already lost there flowers and are all green. I love spring every year!!! It is like a breath of a new beginning after a long, cold, dark winter.