Friday, June 5, 2009

Girl's Weekend

We all took off from our homes in the wee hours of the morning this morning and met at the Minneapolis airport. By 10:00 a.m. we were checking into our hotel room at the Raddison right across the street from the Mall of America.


The room is beautiful. We freshened up and hopped the shuttle over to the mall.


Seven hours later, we stopped into Kokomo's for dinner. We had a few drinks (even though we didn't need a DD -designated driver- my mom stuck to ice water!).

Karen had her Blue Moon............













Linda had her Cosmopolitan and of course, I couldn't go without my date with the Captain!



I ordered oven baked, coconut crusted tilapia in a banana leaf with black beans. The meal was fantastic and the customer service at this establishment was the best.





We got back to the room and before Karen, Linda and I headed down to the bar in the hotel for a few, we had a show-n-tell of what we got today. Karen and Linda had me laughing SO hard!










So, they bought the same sweater. Here are the "twins" talking to each other. So funny!




What a fun day! I'm sure the rest of the weekend is going to be just as fun.


Thank you, Mom, for getting the four of us together like this and for the fantastic weekend ahead of us. We all really needed this!

No comments :