Saturday, January 17, 2009

It's Girl Scout Cookie Time!

Maddison is a Daisy Girl Scout this year. Sara is a co-leader of the troop. Just like I was her leader in Kalamazoo for years and Laurel's leader in Corpus Christi for several years.

Maddison called me on Thursday night to let me know:



Yep! It's Girl Scout COOKIE Time!

And she wanted me to spread the word...her goal is 100 boxes so she can go with the troop to Build-A-Bear and Science Central.

Each box is $3.50 and you don't have to order and wait. The troop gets the cookies first so they are available immediately.


She went to her daddy's work yesterday and sold twenty boxes (they were still there last time I spoke to Sara, so she could have sold more). Apparently, Mackenzee is in on this too. Maddison isn't much of a speaker when it comes to strangers. Mackenzee doesn't know a stranger! She did the talking yesterday from what I gather...and did a darn good job of it!

Maddison will be going into her Papa's work next week, but a woman in the office there has a daughter in Girl Scouts and sent the order form around yesterday. So, not too sure how well she'll do at L.A. Electric.

I can't solicit at my place of business, but the word has spread that I can get the cookies, so she'll rack up some sales from me.

If you are reading this, please, give me a call and let me know how many boxes and what kind you would like. Maddison will personally call to thank you.

EVERYONE LOVES GIRL SCOUT COOKIES!

(and they freeze nicely!)

No comments :