Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Mackenzee's "REAL" Birthday





Monday, June 2 was Mackenzee's actual birthday. I called her early in the morning and sang Happy Birthday to her. She stopped me and said that she wasn't getting a birthday. I told her that it was her real birthday and Saturday was her party to celebrate. She went to the doctor for her "sheck-up" and told me that the doctor hadn't even told her happy birthday. Sara and Mitchell told me later that he mentioned her "big day" to her. When I arrived home from work, I saw their car next door and before I even put my car in park, Kenzee was knocking on my window. I grabbed her and told her happy birthday again. She said "Grandma, stop saying that! I don't get a birthday today" Apparently, she had been waiting all day for a present! She got all her presents on Saturday, but it didn't make sense to her to have a birthday and no presents. Grandma Great took them all to Chuck E Cheeses and then to the dollar store to pick something out. That just didn't register with Mackenzee. Sara accidently left her purse at my housse when they left so we had "Aunt Lurel" take it to her, stopping at the store to get Mackenzee a present (Aunt Laurel was working on Saturday and couldn't make it to the party). Mackenzee loved her new puppy (not real of course) and "wapchick" (chapstick). So, at ten o'clock at night, it was finally her birthday.

I'm including a picture of her doing the chicken dance with Chuck E Cheese. This is a monumental moment, because all of the girl's lives they have been absolutely TERRIFIED of Chuck E Cheese. They like going there to play, but the second they see him anywhere, they both disappear beneath the table. Well, Sara was amazed, while Maddison was off playing, Mackenzee joined a few kids to do the chicken dance with Chuck E Cheese and actually held his hand!

No comments :