Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Ricky Speaks!

On Sunday we finally actually spoke to Ricky. We've received quite a few newsy letters from him, but I told him before he left that when he gets his 5 minute phone call (if he gets it) to call Ashley. If I were a 20 year old with a boyfriend, I'd really want to talk to him. So, the last few Sundays, he's called Ashley and had her call me to let me know he's good. I couldn't figure out though, why, for a few weeks, it was in the evening, and the next few it was in the morning. Well, one of his letters said he's been going to church. He went to a Mormon service with some buddies. He said it was kinda weird, but he's going to keep going becuase they give out cell phones for "like, five minutes!" They all lost their phone privilege because "a kid in another platoon was arrested for weed"!"isn't that weird?" Ricky's words, not mine!

He's been appointed as a team leader and he gets to "boss the weak and non-motivated around!" He gets to wear a Sgt. patch on his arm too. It was 10pm when he was finishing his letter to me and said he had to get up at 4am, but wanted to get up a little early to get ready to go out on the range. He said he's doing very well on the range with his M-16!! He loves it. This week, he'll be doing a 3 mile march and 3 nights in the woods, next week, he'll be doing a 7 mile march and 7 nights in the woods.
fo
His graduation is June 27. He'll be leaving the next morning for Fort Gordon, GA for AIT.

I am SO proud of him!

No comments :