Friday, October 9, 2009

Vacation-still

Wow! What a whirlwind week it has been. This has been a fantastic trip and I'm so sad to see it coming to an end.

I have enjoyed re-connecting with my best-friend from school so much.




I have very limited access to the internet and it's very slow so I haven't taken the time to put any pictures on the blog. Just these three took FOREVER to upload....so I'll post more when I get home.

We stayed two nights in Rio when we first got here. We happened to be walking on the Copacabana when it was announced that Brazil would be hosting the Olympics in 2016. WHAT A PARTY IN THE STREET THAT WAS!


We came upon this sand sculpture minutes after the announcement.....boy someone was really sure they were going to get it!
This is Paolo...one of the artists that Sue and Matt work with. The hat on my head is one I brought from the states for him and he LOVED it. Can you believe he is turning 38 in a couple days? I couldn't! This was taken at our hotel in Rio right after we got off the plane...I was still in my cold weather clothes!

While in Rio, we went to see Corcavado....one of the wonders of the world. It was an amazing train trip up that mountain. This is a picture of Brent standing in front of it.



Sue and Matt are having a party tonight and have more guests checking in. We've been here all week with a couple from London. They leave a few days after we do.
I have LOTS of pictures... Buzios is absolutely beautiful and so is Sue and Matt's home. I could stay and stay and stay!!!

No comments :