Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Brent and I started at 9:00 this morning in the kitchen. We watched some shows on the Food Network last week and wrote it all down. This turkey was what we were so excited about. We thawed it just like they said in a big stock pot under a slight trickle of running cold water for eight hours. Then we put it in a brine we made for sixteen hours. Then we roasted it just like they did. and Voila! We thought he was a beauty!

We also made an Italian sausage dressing, some extremely yummy cheesy potatoes with mozarella and parmesan cheese. Also, the old stand-bys: green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, regular stuffing, rolls and Brent's special stuffed mushrooms. Sara and Mitchell brought the all time favorite, deviled eggs.

There were very few of us this year. My mom is in Dallas and Ricky couldn't come home because he's on global alert. He can't go more than two hours away from his base.

Still, it was a wonderful day.



Brent and I are SO proud of this!


Such a pretty sight ~ I was referring to the bird, but yeah, Laurel is too!

We could be on the Food Network!


The girls toasted with their special bubbly.

















































Oh my gosh! After dinner, we all sat down to play games on the Wii. Well, you can see what happened, I sit ~ I sleep! Only for a little while though. The girls are spending the night and we're getting ready to go up and watch the Santa Clause.
I have so much to be thankful for.








No comments :